Saturday, February 18, 2017

Moving from Effect to Cause: a birthday miracle?

Southern California has been experiencing more rain than usual.  Any rain is more than usual, but this rain is once again the storm of the century.  We've had several since I moved out here.  Storms like no other. At least since the last one.

The number one symptom that sent me to doctors and medical wonderland was triggered by rain, moisture, high humidity, especially when combined with any physical exertion.  That was the one they call pruritus.  Fancy word for itch. But to me it is a little different than normal itch.  It is like ants running around biting.  It moves erratically at lightning speed.

The important thing is that dodging the pruritus attacks controlled my life to a great extent.  It is even more a symptom of the next stage of MPN disease than what they labeled me.  What is interesting is how that symptom has faded away, more and more over the last year or six months.

It is really remarkable, and not what I tend to read about on forums.  There are a couple of useful ones that come in email; one for the aquagenic pruritus--itch generated from water, moisture, perspiration, etc., and one which deals with all myeloproliferative neoplasms. (MPN in the lingo).  The latter is more comprehensive and focussed.

The one dealing only with the itch is a much looser forum. People with no known or detectable blood disorder get this, and I think it is a symptom of other things, too.  Some people have it forever.  Some take themselves out; fashion their own cement shoes.

My ability to function better than I could one or two years ago is encouraging.  It makes one think the progression of the disease is going the way they usually do not go.  It is regressing, maybe.  That would be swell O

Which of the measures I have taken are responsible for this health coup?  That is what I don't know.  I have employed some orthodox, and some unorthodox measures.  But I had been taking the hydrea for awhile before I made it a point to get regular input of cbd oil.  It is not cheap, but I do think it is beneficial and has helped. I could be wrong.  But my personal tests indicate I may be correct to credit cbd with this better quality of life.  One that that being in CA makes a bit easier.

I'm not sure what is responsible fior the near disappearance of that symptom.   It is quite an uncomfortable thing. The degree of limitation on my life was many times higher in the past couple of years.  If I really am improving, it is quite a deal.

Then again, I told you so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive